We are incredibly excited to announce the release of our newest version, TurboBid 5.1. We here at TurboBid are always listening to our customers suggestions about ways that we can improve TurboBid to help their company, as well as vastly improve their estimating process. We’re extremely happy to announce that a lot of suggested features have been added in the newest major TurboBid 5.1 update. You seriously do not want to miss out on this update.
One of the biggest new additions is the ability to add items to the take-off tab, as well as assemblies. We have wanted to add this feature for years, and it’s finally happened. No longer do you have to deal with creating single item assemblies in order to add individual items to the take-off. Now, the full contents of your database are at your finger tips.
Although adding items to the take-off is a pretty HUGE deal, that’s not the only update that we’ve made. Below we’ve lined out the biggest changes we’ve made to TurboBid 5.1 (along with some really cool images and gifs to allow you to get a feel for just how awesome these new features are).
You can also view all of these changes, as well as details about every update, at our website by clicking here.
Without further ado, here are the new features in TurboBid 5.1:
Add Items to TurboBid’s Take-Off Tab
- Items can now be added to the take-off spreadsheet.
- Items in the take-off spreadsheet are highlighted in a light blue color for easy differentiation from assemblies.
- Double clicking an item in the spreadsheet will open the Item’s Preview screen.
- Pressing the Ctrl key and double clicking an item in the spreadsheet will open the Item’s Maintenance screen.
- Renamed the Take-Off tab’s Select Assemblies button to Select Material.
- The Select Material screen now includes one tab for adding Items and one tab for adding Assemblies.
Add Items and Assemblies to the Take-Off Tab’s spreadsheet directly from TurboCloud
- Users can select a single Item, or multiple Items via Ctrl / Click, and select Add to Estimate from the right click menu.
- The Items in the Image Grid View include a new Add to Estimate button.
- Users can select a single Assembly, or multiple Assemblies via Ctrl / Click, and select Add to Estimate from the right click menu.
- Users can right click on an item or assembly in the take-off spreadsheet and select Locate in Tree from the right click menu.
Add Items and Assemblies to the Take-Off Tab’s spreadsheet from “Load Template”
- The Load Template feature in the Select Material screen has been revised to include Items and Assemblies in the same template.
Revised the Take-Off Tab’s Sort Order Procedure
- Renamed the Take-Off tab’s Take-Off Sort Order button to Material Order.
- The Material Order screen now allow users to easily drag/drop folders into the order they want them to appear in the take-off spreadsheet.
- Item folders are highlighted in a light blue color for easy differentiation from assembly folders.
- Each folder’s Parent folder name is also displayed so that you can easily see the difference between Flat Rate Assemblies, Standard Assemblies, etc.
- Includes a Reset button that resets the folders back to an alphabetical sort order.
The Assembly Preview screen now displays an image of every item in the assembly.
- Added the word Assembly to the end of every assembly’s Quantity Take-Off Description so that the various reports clearly differentiate between Items and Assemblies. TurboCloud’s Refresh and Update local Assemblies process will revise these assemblies in your local.
- Added a new Exclude from Quantity Take-Off Reports checkbox to the bottom of the Item Maintenance screen.
- All of the Material folders were removed from TurboCloud’s Master Assembly Database. TurboCloud’s Refresh and Synchronize local Assembly folders process will move these folders to a new Under Admin Review folder in your local. You can delete all of these from your local as long as they have not been added to an estimate.
- Prior to running an update, as a safeguard, a backup copy of your database is automatically created.
- The Item Maintenance screen has been slightly revised so that the entire screen is visible in smaller computer monitors.
I know, that’s a lot of new features huh? The feedback we’ve already received has been amazing, and we hope you all enjoy TurboBid 5.1 just as much as we do. We here at TurboBid pride ourselves on being the best, most accurate, estimating software on the market. Every new feature, new update, or new development of TurboBid is done with the sole intention of helping our customers not only win more jobs, but win more profitable jobs. That being said, we would love to hear of any ideas about new futures or improvements that you have. Remember, we started TurboBid because we wanted to help other contractors and we will always work towards being the perfect estimating system for you and your company.
We are pleased to announce the release of TurboBid 5.0.
Click here to download and install TurboBid 5.0
TurboBid 5.0 adds some incredibly exciting new features to not only TurboBid, but to TurboCloud as well.
For first time users, one of the biggest additions is a brand new training mode. This training mode utilizes a wizard format that will walk you through the estimating process. A floating video player will play the appropriate training video for whatever page you are viewing. The video player will always remain visible, allowing you to pause the video while you enter data into the screen you are viewing, and resume video playback as needed. Whether you’re still using manual methods, or have used other software in the past, using a new estimating system has never been so easy.
As far as TurboCloud improvements, it’s really hard to overstate how much of a positive impact these changes will have on your estimating. Here’s a short video from our founder and CEO explaining why TurboCloud is so essential: Click here to watch
Click here to see all of the new TurboCloud videos
Of course, we still haven’t even scratched the surface on all of the new things TurboBid 5.0 brings. Following are a list of the all new features and improvements in TurboBid:
- New “Folder Sync” icon added to TurboCloud’s ribbon. Clicking this icon will synchronize your local folders to match the contents and structure of TurboCloud’s master folders. This is a big deal since we continue to add new folders, rename existing folders, delete folders, and move items and assemblies. No longer are you expected to manually edit your local folders to match the master folders. The new Folder Sync process will do this for you.
- New “Data Sync” icon added to TurboCloud’s ribbon. As time goes by, it is sometimes necessary for us to change the following data for an existing item in our master database: Description, Manufacturer, Catalog #, UPC # and Original Labor Unit. The Data Sync feature will show you the items in your local database that have outdated information. You can choose to exclude any item from being updated. Once you agree, all the items will be updated with the current data values. This new process will make it very easy to keep your database current and up to date.
- Our support department will automatically be notified of certain errors that you receive while using TurboBid. This will help us identify and fix critical issues that you might encounter.
- Video tutorials are played in a floating video player. The video player will remain visible until you close it, allowing you to pause the video while you enter data into the screen you are viewing, and resume video playback if needed.
- When opening an item or assembly in TurboCloud, a preview screen appears rather than opening the item or assembly maintenance screen. Along with all the data, a picture of the item is also included in the preview. A single click in the preview screen will open the maintenance screen if desired.
- New activation wizard makes it easier to register and activate your license keys for both TurboBid and TurboCloud.
- Default values for tab dropdowns can be set. If you add “(Default)” to the end of a dropdown item’s description, that item will automatically be selected when creating a new project. For example, if you change “Foreman” to “Foreman (Default)”, the Foreman classification will automatically be selected and added to the Direct Labor tab when creating a new project. Every dropdown has this capability. This allows you to create default values for all tabs when new projects are created.
- The Flat Rate reports now include the values from the Additional Labor tab, Tools tab, and Subcontracts tabs.
- Both sides of TurboCloud (local and master) can be resized by dragging the middle bar to the left or to the right.
- Added more options to the TurboCloud Item right click menu:
- Edit: Opens the item maintenance screen
- View Picture
- View Catalog
- Locate in Master: This opens and highlights the assembly in the master
- Added more options to the TurboCloud Assembly right click menu:
- Edit: Opens the assembly maintenance screen
- View Picture
- View Catalog
- Locate in Master: This opens and highlights the assembly in the master
- Entire folders of items and/or assemblies can be deleted. No longer do you need to delete one at a time. Items that are included in assemblies, and assemblies that are included in estimates, will not be deleted.
- When a folder, item or assembly is dropped into the local side of TurboCloud, the folder tree expands and highlights the item(s) or assembly(ies) that was dropped. This will allow you to easily verify what was dropped, and where it was added.
- The category names that are displayed in red text in the take-off tab have been revised. Previously only the root folder description was used. For example: “Distribution Assemblies”. Now, the name of the root folder’s 1st child folder will be added to the category name. For example: “Distribution Assemblies : Home Run Circuits” This new feature greatly enhances the organization of the take-off tab.
- The material list can now be generated per tab. It no longer combines all the tabs in one material list.
- Centralized license management screen to easily manage both TurboBid and TurboCloud license keys.
- A TurboCloud subscription is no longer needed to refresh the contents of the master database.
- Dramatically reduced the amount of time it takes for TurboCloud to open. Now when you click on Materials or Assemblies, TurboCloud opens right away.
- The Go button in the search screen is active by default. Hitting the Enter key starts the search.
- The Help menu in TurboBid has been revised for increased organization.