TurboBid Software Version History
- Any available updates are automatically installed.
- A "Log me in automatically" checkbox has been added. This eliminates the need to log in every time you open TurboBid.
- A "Switch User" icon has been added to the toolbar. The icon opens the log in screen.
- In order to display a minimum screen size, the size of the screen is based on the contents.
- Alternate line shading has been added for better readability.
- The "Select a Status" dropdown selection automatically displays projects based on the dropdown selection.
- Includes more instructional messages where needed.
- An auto play on/off button has been added.
- An "Exit Training Mode" button has been added.
- Rows that do not represent an item or assembly cannot be selected.
- When a cell is clicked, the row's description and the column's heading is highlighted for easier cell identification.
- When you move your curser over a cell, the row description and column heading are highlighted. This allows quick identification of the cell without having to select a cell.
Assembly Maintenance Screen
- The item tree section is expanded to its maximum width based on the contents of the assembly.
- Alternate line shading has been added for better readability.
- Right clicking on an item selects the item and opens the right click menu.
- Long vendor names were not being displayed in the item maintenance screen.
- Fixed an issue with the Project Detail Report in networked databases.
- Certain items were not being displayed in certain reports.
- Allowed networked databases to use a custom address for Auto Back-Up.
- When deleting a folder of items in TurboCloud, certain items in the folder could not be deleted.
- The Take-Off tabs' templates have been revised to use the material Master ID number. Local ID numbers can change and make the original templates obsolete. Master ID numbers never change.
- Click here to download the revised assembly templates.
- After adding new items to the Assembly Maintenance screen, the quantity cell is active so you can enter a quantity without selecting the item.
- Modified the Assembly Maintenance screen to allow 0.xx to be entered as a quantity.
- The report selection screen displays the first estimate and first take-off as default selections.
- The "Material" link in the "Direct Cost Detail" tab opens the material report for the selected take-off tab.
- The Take-Off tab's sort order now displays all of the material beneath each red category in alphabetical order.
Add Items to TurboBid's Take-Off Tab
- Items can now be added to the take-off spreadsheet.
- Items in the take-off spreadsheet are highlighted in a light blue color for easy differentiation from assemblies.
- Double clicking an item in the spreadsheet will open the Item's Preview screen.
- Pressing the Ctrl key and double clicking an item in the spreadsheet will open the Item's Maintenance screen.
- Renamed the Take-Off tab's Select Assemblies button to Select Material.
- The Select Material screen now includes one tab for adding Items and one tab for adding Assemblies.
Add Items and Assemblies to the Take-Off Tab's spreadsheet directly from TurboCloud
- Users can select a single Item, or multiple Items via Ctrl / Click, and select Add to Estimate from the right click menu.
- The Items in the Image Grid View include a new Add to Estimate button.
- Users can select a single Assembly, or multiple Assemblies via Ctrl / Click, and select Add to Estimate from the right click menu.
- Users can right click on an item or assembly in the take-off spreadsheet and select Locate in Tree from the right click menu.
Add Items and Assemblies to the Take-Off Tab's spreadsheet from "Load Template"
- The Load Template feature in the Select Material screen has been revised to include Items and Assemblies in the same template.
Revised the Take-Off Tab's Sort Order Procedure
- Renamed the Take-Off tab's Take-Off Sort Order button to Material Order.
- The Material Order screen now allow users to easily drag/drop folders into the order they want them to appear in the take-off spreadsheet.
- Item folders are highlighted in a light blue color for easy differentiation from assembly folders.
- Each folder's Parent folder name is also displayed so that you can easily see the difference between Flat Rate Assemblies, Standard Assemblies, etc.
- Includes a Reset button that resets the folders back to an alphabetical sort order.
The Assembly Preview screen now displays an image of every item in the assembly.
- Added the word Assembly to the end of every assembly's Quantity Take-Off Description so that the various reports clearly differentiate between Items and Assemblies. TurboCloud's Refresh and Update local Assemblies process will revise these assemblies in your local.
- Added a new Exclude from Quantity Take-Off Reports checkbox to the bottom of the Item Maintenance screen.
- All of the Material folders were removed from TurboCloud's Master Assembly Database. TurboCloud's Refresh and Synchronize local Assembly folders process will move these folders to a new Under Admin Review folder in your local. You can delete all of these from your local as long as they have not been added to an estimate.
- Prior to running an update, as a safeguard, a backup copy of your database is automatically created.
- The Item Maintenance screen has been slightly revised so that the entire screen is visible in smaller computer monitors.
Figure 1: Items in the take-off spreadsheet are highlighted in a light blue color for easy differentiation from assemblies.
Figure 2: The Select Material screen now includes one tab for adding Items and one tab for adding Assemblies
Figure 3: Users can select a single Item, or multiple Items via Ctrl / Click, and select Add to Estimate from the right click menu
Figure 4: The Items in the Image Grid View include a new Add to Estimate button
Figure 5: Select a single Assembly, or multiple Assemblies via Ctrl / Click, and select Add to Estimate from the right click menu
Figure 6: Right click on an item or assembly in the take-off spreadsheet and select Locate in Tree from the right click menu
Figure 7: Revised the Take-Off Tab's Sort Order Procedure
Figure 8: The Assembly Preview screen has been revised
Figure 9: Added the word Assembly to the end of every assembly's Quantity Take-Off Description
Figure 10: Added a new Exclude from Quantity Take-Off Reports checkbox to the bottom of the Item Maintenance screen
Figure 11: Prior to running an update, as a safeguard, a backup copy of your database is automatically created
- Removed virtual custom folders from the cloud master. These folders were intended to hold virtual copies linking to existing items and assemblies.
- Fixed a couple of minor bugs that we found when doing random sequences in the folder tree that nobody would ever do. For example: Opening an assembly maintenance screen, making an edit, closing the maintenance screen and then double clicking on the assembly would generate an error message.
- If the "Display new items and assemblies after cloud synchronization completed" checkbox is checked, after the refresh, the cloud master tree will be expanded so that you can quickly view the new items and assemblies. If nothing new was added, the newest items/assemblies that were added during the previous refresh will be displayed.
- Fixed an issue for computers with low memory. Previously, if a computer's memory was too low, if you updated an item's price, assemblies and estimates might not update correctly. This issue has been resolved.
- Improved the process of updating prices for assemblies and estimates. It is now 99% faster.
Price Update from File:
- Added "Trade/Target" to the "Update price from file" selection. This allows both to be updated at the same time.
- Added a prompt "Do you want to update the "xxxx" vendor pricing?" This will ensure that you have not accidentally selected the wrong vendor to update.
- When running a price update, a pre-check is performed to ensure that the price file includes the required data. If there is an issue, you will receive a notification of what needs to be corrected.
- After running a price update, the default exception report only displays items that were not updated in your active projects. After you close the report, a prompt will ask if you want to view all of the items in your database that were not updated.
Global Labor Unit Adjustment:
- When revising an item's price and/or labor unit, the time to update all associated assemblies has also been substantially improved upon.
- When adding new items from the cloud to the local database, the items will automatically reflect any default global labor unit adjustment you have selected.
- When creating new items, the items will automatically reflect any default global labor unit adjustment.
- Fixed an issue with the video icon not opening the video player.
TurboCloud Grid View:
- Revised the item grid view container to only display the bottom tool bar when the curser is over it. It used to always be visible on the selected item and would hide the labor unit.
- Improved the performance when opening the take-off tab. Previously, the amount of time it took to open was greatly affected by the number of projects and estimates in the database, as well as how many assemblies were in the take-off. The take-off tab now opens within seconds regardless of these factors.
Bid Price Tab:
- Improved the performance when opening the bid price tab. The tab now opens within seconds.
- Fixed an issue with creating new users in project security.
- Fixed an issue when clicking the Material link in the bid price tab.
- Revised the report that displays the items in a project that are missing material pricing and/or labor units. Previously, the report displayed the same item multiple times if it was used in multiple assemblies. Now each item is only displayed once.
TurboCloud: (View Video)
Customer Info Tab:
Bid Price Tab:
Price Update from file:
Manpower Burden Calculator:
|Receive a notification whenever new items and/or assemblies are available|
|One-click is all it takes to maintain your local database with TurboBid's cloud based master database|
The main assembly category is displayed once in black and each subcategory is displayed beneath it in red
Entire folders of assemblies can now be added to the take-off
Select Assemblies Screen - Locate Assemblies and Create New Assemblies
Assembly Maintenance Screen:
Double click on items to open the items' preview screen and quickly locate items in the tree
Add items from within the assembly maintenance screen and quickly locate items in the tree
|Report font revised and Qty Take-Off reports only display main categories|